Hard Cooked and Diced
Serving Size: 10
- 10 Sunny Fresh® Hard Cooked Egg Product, halved
- Flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white onion peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups ripe diced tomatoes, or 2 cans (14 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare Shakshouka base: cook onion, garlic and bell pepper in olive oil until tender (about 8 minutes, using a Dutch oven or Le Creuset style casserole dish), add spices, toast lightly. Add tomato, adjust seasoning and simmer for 20 minutes. Keep warm.
- Place halved hard cooked eggs in Shakshouka base and keep warm.
- Top with chopped flat leaf parsley when ready to serve.